Houston Complex Marital Estate Attorneys
Houston Divorce Lawyers: Community Property Division
A complex marital estate is one in which there may be a combination of substantial separate property and community property. Determining the exact nature, origin and value of real property, business and other assets is crucial in arriving at a fair and just property division settlement. In many high-value marital estates, this process is made more complicated by a variety of issues, including:
- Commingled separate and community property
- Substantial real estate purchased with a mixture of individual and marital assets
- Trusts and inheritances
- Family businesses, partnerships, sole proprietorships and other closely held business interests
- Stock options, pensions, 401(k) accounts, and other investment and retirement accounts
- Tax issues relating to the liquidation of any assets to be divided
The experienced Houston complex marital estate attorneys at Conner & Lindamood have the skills and resources to handle cases involving a complex marital estate. Contact our Houston offices today to schedule an initial consultation.
Conner & Lindamood can help resolve complex property division disputes.
In a complex marital estate, it can take the help of an accomplished divorce attorney to conduct the necessary research, documentation and valuation to prove that a piece of property or financial asset should or should not be divided in a divorce.
There are three steps to resolving issues of separate and community property in a complex marital estate:
- Identify all the separate and community assets and property involved, including previously undisclosed or hidden assets, if any.
- Conduct a thorough investigation to prove whether an asset is community property, separate property or a mixture of the two.
- Establish an accurate valuation of all the property and assets that may be subject to division (this includes a business valuation).
At Conner & Lindamood, our team of attorneys and independent financial experts can guide you through the process with professionalism and impeccable attention to detail.
Contact us today to discuss your case with an experienced and knowledgeable Houston complex marital estate attorney. The initial consultation is completely confidential.