Steven Paul Lindamood
Steve Lindamood is a leading family lawyer in Houston, where he has practiced over 30 years. He has extensive experience in trying complex cases to judges and juries with considerable success. Recently, Steve has been recognized with the following distinctions:
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member (2015)
- Fellow of the Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Member
- Board Certified in Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocates
- Steve’s practice focuses on all aspects of family law issues, from simple dissolution of marriages to divorces involving very complex child custody and property division issues.
- Relating to divorce, Steve regularly represents people in disputes regarding property division, child custody, child support, visitation, children’s domicile restrictions.
- Steve also advises clients regarding pre- and post-nuptial agreements.
- Steve counsels clients on issues relating to modifying the parent-child relationships and modifying prior orders relating to visitation and child support, and the division of pension and retirement benefits.
- Steve has substantial experience in all aspects of the litigation process, from crafting initial case strategy, to seeking an efficient resolution through mediation, or pursuing his client’s rights through trial and appeal.
- Other aspects of family law where Steve has strong credentials include grandparents’ rights, paternity issues, allegations of child abuse, family violence, protective orders, qualified domestic relations orders, and habeas corpus proceedings.
- Steve represents clients in all courts having family law jurisdiction in Harris County, Galveston County, Brazoria County, Fort Bend County, Chambers County, Montgomery County, and Waller County.
Steve graduated from South Texas College of Law in 1984. He was a member of the Order of the Lytae, an Honorary Fraternity that recognizes outstanding academic achievement in the study of law.
Steve graduated from Stephen F. Austin State University with a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration in 1980. He was also inducted in Omicron Delta Epsilon, an academic honor society recognizing achievement in Economics.
For over 30 years, Steve has been admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Texas. He is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, The United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and The Supreme Court of the United States.
Family Law Associations:
As a leading family law lawyer, Steve is on the cutting edge of legal issues in the field of matrimonial law through his involvement with the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, Gulf Coast Family Law Specialists, Texas Association of Civil Trial and Appellate Specialists, Texas Family Law Foundation, American Bar Association Family Law Section, The State Bar of Texas’s Family Law Section, Houston Bar Association’s Family Law Section, and The Garland R. Walker American Inns of Court.
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Board of Directors (1996-2004)
- Vice President (1997-2001)
- American Bar Association Litigation Section
- Member (2005 – 2015)
- Health Law Litigation Committee (1995-1998)
- Consumer and Personal Rights Litigation Committee (1996-1998)
- Pre-Trial Practice and Discovery Committee (1995-1996)
- Trial Practice Committee (1995-1996)
- Trial Evidence Committee (1994-1995)
- State Bar of Texas Grievance Committee, District 4F
- Chairman (1989-1991)
- Member, (1988-1991)
- Subcommittee on Continuing Legal Education, South Texas College of Law Alumni Association
- Chairman (1990)
- ABA Young Lawyers Division Ethics Committee
- Member (1989)
- Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow of the Houston Bar Foundation
- Fifth Circuit Federal Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas (Litigation Section, Consumer Law Section, General Practice Section)
- Houston Bar Association (Family Law Section, Probate, Estate, & Trust Section)
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America (Tort Law Section)
- American Bar Association (Litigation Section, General Practice Section)