Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Houston Divorce Lawyer > Houston Family Law > Houston Unmarried Child Custody Lawyer

Houston Unmarried Child Custody Lawyer

Custody for Unmarried Couples in Harris County

In Texas, unmarried parents have the same legal obligations to their children as married or divorced parents do. If the unmarried couple separates, they will need to go through the legal process to determine a child custody arrangement.

In all family law legal matters involving children, Texas state laws cater to the best interests of the child. This applies to child support as well as child custody. Each parent has a legal responsibility to provide for his or her children.

At the law firm of Lindamood & Robinson, P.C., we represent both mothers and fathers in legal proceedings affecting children. If you are not married to the mother or father of your child, contact a Houston unmarried child custody lawyer to begin the process of determining child custody.

Determining custody for unmarried parents

In Texas, when a child is born to unmarried children, it is necessary to establish paternity through agreement or a paternity test. In determining a child custody plan, Texas family law courts always act in the best interests of the child. It is advisable for parents to try to agree on a custody arrangement outside of court. Custody battles can be drawn-out, expensive, and contentious — all of which can have a negative impact on the child involved.

Our lawyers will work closely with you to determine an arrangement that works for you, the other parent, and the child involved. We can also assist you with related legal issues including paternity, child support, and modifications.

Contact a Houston Child Custody Lawyer

To learn more about custody options for unmarried parents, contact a Houston child custody lawyer online or call 713-654-2112.

We are proud to also serve Galveston County, Fort Bend County and Brazoria County. Outside the Houston metro area, call us 713-654-2112.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

Our Location

Houston Office


1415 Louisiana Street, Suite 3450
Houston, TX 77002

We service Galveston County, Ft. Ben County and Brazoria County by ZOOM!

Contact a Member of the Firm