Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu

Monthly Archives: October 2021


What To Do If You Are Falsely Accused Of Domestic Violence In Houston, Texas

By Lindamood & Robinson, P.C. |

Domestic violence remains a serious problem in our communities. According to data from the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS), there are nearly 200,000 incidents of family violence reported across the state each year. Of course, not every report of family violence is legitimate. The reality is that false accusations happen. Innocent people are… Read More »

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

Can I Stop My Former Partner From Changing My Child’s Name In Texas?

By Lindamood & Robinson, P.C. |

A child’s name is important. Following a divorce or separation, some parents desire to get their child’s name changed. It could be their last name, their first name, or both. In Texas, parents have the right to petition for a child. When the child’s legal parents do it together, a Texas judge will generally… Read More »

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

What To Know About The Rights Of Non Custodial Parents In Texas

By Lindamood & Robinson, P.C. |

In Texas, the terms conservatorship and possession are used instead of custody and visitation. That being said, the general concepts are the same. Under Texas Family Code § 153.002, the best interests of a child will “always be the primary consideration” in determining conservatorship and possession. If you are the parent without primary physical… Read More »

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

Spousal Support And Cohabitation In Texas

By Lindamood & Robinson, P.C. |

Following a divorce in Texas, the financially-challenged partner may be eligible to receive spousal support (alimony). Our state has some of the most strict alimony laws in the entire country. Under Texas law, all ongoing and future alimony obligations are automatically terminated if the recipient spouse gets remarried. This raises an important question: What… Read More »

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

Our Location

Houston Office


1415 Louisiana Street, Suite 3450
Houston, TX 77002

We service Galveston County, Ft. Ben County and Brazoria County by ZOOM!

Contact a Member of the Firm